Thursday, July 8, 2010

Supreme Sunflower Seed Butter Pie


This pie is reminiscent of a peanut butter pie my grandfather used to make. Here is the link to the original recipe I intended to make on goneraw.com. I sent my husband down to the farmer's stall to get strawberries and alas, strawberry season has come to an end. So, I didn't end up using any fresh berries at all and ended up with a very different pie . I also didn't use raw sunflower seed butter. Here's a link to the sunflower seed butter I used from the bulk barn.

My grandfather's peanut butter pie included sour cream, cream whip and of course peanut butter among other things. This sunflower seed pie is far healthier and just as delicious.

Ingredients

Crust
1 cup brazil nuts
1 cup shredded coconut
pinch of salt
2 heaping Tbsp of carob powder
4 Tbsp agave nectar
1/2 tsp van extract

Filling
2 cups sunbutter (entire jar)
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup agave
2 avocados
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract

Preparation
pulse crust into crust-like consistency and line a 9" spring form pan
freeze while you make the filling
combine everything else into food processor or blender and blend
pour filling over crust and freeze

Once your pie is frozen, use a knife to separate the pie from the spring form pan and keep it frozen in the freezer with lid or covering. I sprinkled my pie with cocoa powder.

This pie is very rich. A small smackerel will certainly satisfy.

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment today! ♥