Monday, February 11, 2013

Strawberry Milkshake *raw vegan*



It's freezing cold outside and the landscape is completely covered in snow. These past few days I have certainly been drinking lots of warm tea but I couldn't stop thinking about how much I'd like a creamy strawberry milkshake. I can't remember the last time I had a fast food strawberry milkshake (check out that link- it's seriously unbelievable what's in them!). I probably haven't had one since I was a kid. So I've done my best to come as close as possible to the taste and texture I remember from long ago using only healthy, natural ingredients. Seeing as it's been so long since I've tasted one and I'm trying to replicate a taste that has been perfected with many chemicals over many years, I'm sure it's not even close to being similar, but I think you're gonna like this strawberry milkshake a whole lot. This recipe has been thoroughly tested by the Deal family and gets two big thumbs up from everyone at our house. I hope you love it too.

Ingredients
3 cups frozen strawberries
2 cups almond milk
1 cup young coconut meat (or full fat coconut milk)
*you may need to add a bit more almond milk if you use coconut meat vs milk*
1 ripe banana
3 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup (or to taste)
juice from half a lemon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Blend everything up until smooth and you're done.

If you want this shake to taste closer to the real artificial thing, double the amount of agave syrup to make it super sweet.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment today! ♥