Monday, November 12, 2012

Chocolate Brownie Bites *raw vegan*



How would you like to sink your teeth into the healthiest brownies you've ever had?

I've been whipping these up for a long time. They are perfect for those days when you really want a brownie but you don't have a lot of time and you want to eat healthy. Although I usually recommend soaking your nuts and seeds because they are easier for your body to digest that way, every time I make these it's because I get a sudden hankering and I'm too impatient to wait for soaking. Also, un-soaked raw sunflower seeds grind into such a nice fine powder that is just like flour. Now that I'm thinking about it, I will try to make these with soaked sunflower seeds and see if I get some good results and I'll update this post with the changes that would need to be made if you do choose to soak your nuts and seeds.

Anyway, here's the recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do.

Ingredients

2 cups sunflower seed powder
4 Tbsp ground pecans
4 Tbsp raw cocao powder (or regular cocoa powder will do)
4 Tbsp coconut oil (or cocoa butter, if you've got it, works great too)
4 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup)

Directions
Grind your sunflower seeds in a coffee grinder until it's a fine powder
Grind the pecans until they are a nice mixture of small pieces and powder
Melt your coconut oil or cocoa butter in a double boiler
Mix together your sunflower seed powder, cocoa powder and pecans and then add the melted oil
Mix well and then add the maple syrup and mix well again
Press this mixture into bite sized balls
Put in the freezer for half an hour before serving
These will last in the refrigerator for several days (if you can resist them that long!)


These really satisfy my brownie cravings and I love how quick and easy they are to make. The kids love them too and they are extremely high in protein and healthy fats.

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment today! ♥