Monday, February 6, 2012

Cocoa Nutty Monkey Bites *raw vegan*


For some reason at our house we really like anything that could be given the name Cocoa Nutty Monkey. We have a Cocoa Nutty Monkey Pie, Shake (I'll be sharing this recipe soon) and even a Play-Doh toy by that name.

This morning, I was on the internet doing some research and I viewed an image of something like this recipe. Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention to it so I have no idea where the original image may have come from. I went back through my history and did a search for the ingredients with no luck. But, the idea of this recipe lingered in my subconscious. When the kids came down for breakfast, I had to make them! This is our new favorite breakfast recipe. The kids asked if we can eat these everyday.

Ingredients
bananas
dried coconut flakes
cocoa powder
nut butter

Here's what I did...
Cut your ripe but firm bananas into bite sized pieces.
Roll them in cocoa powder (raw or regular, try ChocoSol for raw cocoa powder- use a coffee grinder to grind it more if yours, like mine, is a bit coarse).
Place a dollop of your favorite nut butter on top.
Take a pinch of unsweetened coconut flakes in your fingers and press them into the nut butter dollop.

That's it. I hope you love them!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment today! ♥